Friday, February 03, 2006

The #1 Way to Wear Out Your Welcome.

In a sense this place is like my house, and all of the lovely people who pass through here on a daily basis, my guests. And I welcome them, I truly do. But let me ask you, if I were to come into your house, and oh, let's say, pilfer the fine china on my way out, you'd be a mite perturbed, yes?

I would be. And incidentally, am.

My writing is an expression of myself, and therefore, very personal. It may be smut to some, but to me, it’s a piece of myself that I’m sharing with you, and all I ask in return is that you respect it, and me. I’m honored, and always humbled when anyone enjoys something I’ve written so much that they feel the need to share it on their own blog. I have NO problems with that. What I DO have a problem with is someone coming here, and copying a WHOLE post without so much as a "do you mind", and transferring that post to their own blog. And you may argue that at the very bottom you did in fact post a link, not to the specific post you pilfered, but leading back to this blog. But it doesn’t matter. You didn’t ask, you didn’t take a small piece of something you enjoyed that you wanted to share, you weren’t using it to enhance something of your own or to emphasize a point you were trying to make. What you did was take an ENTIRE post of mine, and reproduce on your blog as content filler. That is unacceptable to me.

Maybe your intention is to promote other people’s work? Perhaps you should visit Bacchus or Viviane, and learn how that’s done because you’re going about it the wrong way, and I doubt anyone will thank you for it.

I’m not going to post up your link because I’m bitchy enough to NOT want any traffic sent your way, but since your IP hits my site numerous times a day, I’m figuring you’ll see this, and hopefully get the message.

Lastly, I write for myself, I write for him, and I write for us. But I do NOT write to create filler for your blog, nor do I write to compensate for your complete lack of talent, and I imagine none of the other sex bloggers you’ve "borrowed" from do either.

Going back to the "house" reference I made in the beginning, you want to borrow the sheets -- fine, but if you wouldn’t mind, leave the fucking bed here.

Edited: Major props to Artfuldodger for stepping in to give a verbal smackdown to the aforementioned person, and in turn, rectifying the situation quite nicely. As I said in my comment at S.I.C., you quite simply ROCK. Thank you.

Posted by SD at 9:25 PM

5 Comments

  1. Blogger Some Woman posted at 10:10 PM, February 03, 2006  
    Ah, I like the way you wrote that. On a side note I've found plenty of my posts on fake spam blogs. That irritates me. I'm not sure which irritates me more.
  2. Blogger Unknown posted at 8:59 AM, February 04, 2006  
    I remember when you pointed out to me that someone had stolen my old "one handed typing" post and back then I was annoyed and amused. Now I', just pissed people keep doing shit like this (email me the link, please, I'd like to see who's being so crass)

    side note:

    I got the big Valentine's gift from you yesterday. Fantabulous! Thank you, love
  3. Blogger Evil Minx posted at 12:02 PM, February 04, 2006  
    My sympathy and comiserations, SD.

    Please send me the link. I'm in a vicious and bitey mood anyway, i'd be delighted to rip this moron a new one of my own.

    You know where my shoulder is if you need something to cry on... although i think your reaction here is perfect -- articulate, to the point and icily effective.

    Much love, your old coven sister...

    Minxy xxxxxxxxxxx
  4. Blogger Sasha White posted at 7:47 PM, February 04, 2006  
    What a piss-ant thing to do. Good for you for letting it out here and NOT linking to them. It's theft. Pure and simple. and they should not be rewarded for it.

    Your words are a gift, and should be treated as such.
  5. Blogger jd posted at 3:49 PM, February 06, 2006  
    I just enjoy reading your material. I thought I had a knack for it, but after reading your words, I realize how much more I need to learn and hone what I do.
    Thank you for those thoughts and feelings you share with us.

    I`m just a newbie at this, but I have promise.(I think)....JD

Post a Comment

« Home