Wednesday, December 28, 2005

Love's Philosophy

by Percy Bysshe Shelley


The fountains mingle with the river,
And the rivers with the ocean;
The winds of heaven mix forever,
With a sweet emotion;
Nothing in the world is single;
All things by a law divine
In one another's being mingle;
Why not I with thine?


See! the mountains kiss high heaven,
And the waves clasp one another;
No sister flower would be forgiven,
If it disdained it's brother;
And the sunlight clasps the earth,
And the moonbeams kiss the sea;
What are all these kissings worth,
If thou kiss not me?



Don't mind me, I'm just having a moment, of what, I'm not quite sure, but a moment all the same. Besides, poetry is nice from time to time, is it not? And it's all the better when I'm not the one attempting to write it. But wait...


Soft fingertips dance
Lovingly tracing patterns
Across heated flesh


Sorry, I had a brief moment of inspiration. It's passed.

Posted by SD at 10:02 AM

6 Comments

  1. Blogger Some Woman posted at 2:18 PM, December 28, 2005  
    Ah, I recognize that one. One of my favorites, really....
  2. Blogger SD posted at 3:30 PM, December 28, 2005  
    Yes, it's one of mine too.
  3. Blogger Unknown posted at 12:53 AM, December 31, 2005  
    LOVE the haiku too!
  4. Blogger SD posted at 9:41 AM, December 31, 2005  
    Why, thank you, Evan. Haiku's annoy me because they make me feel restricted, but strangely I've written more of them than I can count.
  5. Anonymous Anonymous posted at 6:25 PM, January 03, 2006  
    I learned "Love's Philosophies' (the poem, not any, real, meaningful 'philosophy', unfortunately) when I was in high school. I thought it might come in handy with girls. LOL

    Fun to see it here (just happened by in blog-hop mode)--and I'll be by again if you don't mind: love the sexy blogs! (Guess I'm not much diffferent than when in high school, eh?--and that was a quite a while ago).
  6. Blogger SD posted at 8:46 PM, January 03, 2006  
    pie-cruster... I don't mind at all, you're welcome to stop by my house anytime.

    And I think we all hold onto those high school(ish) tendencies. I do.

Post a Comment

« Home