Friday, January 06, 2006

For the man who shall...

No longer remain nameless.

Back in October (I think), the scrumptious DQ was at her wits end with me, it was obvious that I had a rather impressive crush on somebody, and she wanted to know who.

So she lovingly said, "Enough with all this ‘he who shall remain nameless’ stuff. Who is he? You can tell me. I won’t tell anyone."

And I knew she wouldn’t, but out of love for him and respect for his privacy, I refused.

At the time, while I knew he felt something for me, I wasn’t sure exactly what that something was, and I certainly didn’t know how he’d feel about being outed in such a public forum.

But I know now.

So DQ, to appease your curiosity, Dane is my internet boyfriend.

I’ve been sitting here for a while trying to find the words to express what this man, a man I’ve never physically met, makes me feel, but no words I come up with say what is in my heart as eloquently as his. So I’ll let his words speak for me as well.

And Dane, my love, if it is weird to feel truly romantic and attached to an internet-only liaison, then you should probably know that I have absolutely no problem being weird. I love you, baby.

"Distance is just a test
to see how far love can travel."
Anonymous

Posted by SD at 7:23 PM

2 Comments

  1. Blogger Aragorn posted at 2:44 AM, January 07, 2006  
    SD, reading this gave me shiver of happiness !!! Truly. Omg, so nice to hear, so happy he is your inspiration ... Thanks for sharing. Dane, welcome to the other friends SD has, will read and link you soon ... Hugs to both of you ! - A
  2. Blogger Some Woman posted at 1:20 PM, January 07, 2006  
    Ha. I married my internet boyfriend. It's very possible to carry on a deep and meaningful relationship online. I just found the wanting to be together impossible....

Post a Comment

« Home