Saturday, August 27, 2005

(Non) Salacious Desires interrupts your regularly scheduled program...

Hmm, it's come to my attention that Salacious Desires hasn't been so "salacious" as of late, has she?

And for that, I do apologize.

You see, for reasons I can't quite fathom, my libido has been a tad off kilter lately and sadly, it's been a bit detrimental where matters of intimacy are concerned. I don't know, it feels like I've somehow gotten trapped on one of those crazy, unpredidictible rollercoaster rides (you know the ones with all those nonsensical yet thrilling dips and turns) and I just can't make up my mind which dip or turn on this sexual thrill ride I'd like to take. So instead, I've been idly sitting all strapped in nice and tight with no clue which direction I want this ride to go. It's crazy I know, but there are times when the sex isn't as prominent in my house as I'd like it to be and then there are times when the sex could be more prominent but I just don't want it to be. It appears that I'm in a "just don't want it to be" phase at the moment.

But I've been thinking that it's not quite fair that all of you lovely people should have to suffer while I work on getting my ass back in gear. I briefly thought about turning my house over to someone else while I wade through the minefield that is my dying libido but then again, it's not exactly fair to toss my keys at some poor unsuspecting soul and expect them to take over as lady (or gentleman) of the manor, now is it? (Although if someone wants to contribute by all means, let me know as I'm in a bit of a sexual jam here. LOL). So, without expecting someone to move in and take up residence, I've decided that instead of discussing all the sex I'm not currently having, I'll turn the tables a bit and just open it up to whatever the heck is on my mind.

Stay tuned. This could get interesting...

Posted by SD at 9:29 PM

4 Comments

  1. Blogger Aragorn posted at 5:46 AM, August 28, 2005  
    Good thing Salacious ! I welcome all you have to share, and, just maybe, posting helps you find directions, sort things out ... And, there is a lot of sex waiting out here, at your fingertips, whenever your desire kicks in ... ;-)
  2. Anonymous Anonymous posted at 8:35 AM, August 28, 2005  
    Unexpected twist there, I'll be looking forward to the posts to come.
  3. Blogger figleaf posted at 10:04 PM, August 28, 2005  
    Hi SD,

    I think it's fine to talk about non-sexual parts of your life. Or maybe a better way to put it is you don't have to be on fire all the time to have interesting things about sex, love, relationships, and health.

    We all know stress affects our libidos. If you're feeling stressed it might be helpful to the rest of us if you wanted to talk about that.

    And of course if your libido returns we'll be your cheering section.
  4. Blogger marriedwithsex posted at 7:22 PM, August 30, 2005  
    I think it's great to talk (write) about the 'problem'. I applaude that you see it as problem, rather than burying your head in the sand.

    Long before blogs I, like many, journaled, many times I found an answer, issue that I was unknowling avoiding or at least a better understanding of the situation in my own rambling musings.

    Happy rambling and may the solution come to you soon.

Post a Comment

« Home