Friday, February 17, 2006

For a Prince and his Princess...

this is an audio post - click to play



i carry your heart with me
by e. e. cummings

i carry your heart with me (i carry it in
my heart) i am never without it (anywhere
i go you go, my dear; and whatever is done
by only me is your doing, my darling)
i fear
no fate (for you are my fate, my sweet) i want
no world (for beautiful you are my world, my true)
and it's you are whatever a moon has always meant
and whatever a sun will always sing is you

here is the deepest secret nobody knows
(here is the root of the root and the bud of the bud
and the sky of the sky of a tree called life; which grows
higher than soul can hope or mind can hide)
and this is the wonder that's keeping the stars apart

i carry your heart (i carry it in my heart)

Congrats, Jeff and Nina, two of the loveliest people I have the pleasure of knowing. Live long, love much, but most of all be happy.

Posted by SD at 12:05 PM

3 Comments

  1. Blogger SD posted at 1:48 PM, February 18, 2006  
    You are both most welcome! I am sincerely happy for the two of you, and my romantically sappy heart is still sighing over the whole thing!

    Mmmwwwaaahhh!!!

    I love you both!
  2. Blogger O posted at 5:19 PM, February 27, 2006  
    I linked your lovely reading today, SD.
    kisses,
    O
  3. Blogger SD posted at 9:56 PM, February 27, 2006  
    Thank you, O, you're a sweetheart!

    *Kisses* back!
    SD

Post a Comment

« Home